1. To increase your flexibility and to avoid injuries, stretch before and after workout. Almost everyone knows that stretching before workout prevents injuries during the exercises, but only few people know that stretching after workout, when muscles are still warm, can increase flexibility.
2. Work slowly in increments instead of immediately proceeding to doing the hardest exercise or position.
3. Make sure that you have stretched or warmed up all the muscle groups. For some people, even if they have strong bodies, they tend to neglect the neck when working out. Stretching the neck muscles can be as simple as placing the palm of one's hand against the front of the head and pushing it. Then, do the same to the sides and the back of the head.
4. Stretch regularly to continually increase your range of movements and your level of flexibility and strength.
5. Rest in between sets to make sure that the body has enough time to recover its energy. Also, it is advisable that you don't work the same muscle groups consecutively for two days. The muscles grow during the period when you rest and not when you are working out.