During Ramadan our food cravings increase and by the end of Ramadan we gain loads and loads of fat. It becomes really difficult for us to lose those heavy pounds quickly. Here are few healthy eating tips to reduce those cravings and you will not feel as hungry as before.
1. Drink Water. When you wake up at 4am to have your fulfilling meal, have few dates and drink lots and lots of water. Wait for sometime till your brain gets the signal that your stomach is almost full. Then go for the other food choices. This will decrease your fat intake. Drinking lots of water helps to keep you hydrated, since your body might get dehydrated due to fasting.
2. When you open your fast, have few dates and drink lots of water again. Choose fruits first so that your body can get the nutrients required as well as fill your hungry tummy. Then if you still feel hungry go for one or two fat food, not more than that
3. Don't eat just after one hour of opening your fast. Have your dinner after 2-3 hours. This will help you to get rid of food getting piled upon one another and lets your food get digested.
4. Drink water at regular intervals or have a cup of Green Tea every day.
5. I recommend dates because they make you feel fuller and they are rich in calories. One date contains 23 calories of energy.