Herbal tea actually isn't made from tea. It is prepared from a specific kind of plant. It is an infusion of leaves, seeds, roots or bark in hot water.
Unlike other teas, Herbal tea contains no caffeine. There are different kinds of Herbal Teas. Nettle, Chamomile, Ginger, Peppermint, Lavender, Lemon Balm, Rosemary and Cardamon Tea are few of them.
I drink Chamomile tea with apple or ginger. It calms the mind, helps in dealing with stress, stomach ailment and is a mild sedative. Its the perfect drink before taking a nap. However these should not be consumed by pregnant women, breastfeeding women and anyone allergic to these plants.
Benefits of Herbal Tea
* Caffeine free and tastes great
* Supports heart health, Migraines
* Relieves stress
* Aiding with stomach and digestive problems
* Can help avoid cold
* Promotes a good night's sleep
* Boosts energy levels
* Provides antioxidants that helps in protection from cell damage
* Strengthens the immune system
* Has got properties of cleansing the body
* Nourishes the nervous system
* Stimulates the internal organs
* Can keep waist circumference in check
There are huge lists of herbal teas available in the market each one designed to have specific medicinal benefit. The above mentioned are the basic benefits that are included in all kinds of herbal teas.
* You can enhance your tea's flavor by using lemon, apple, orange and honey.
I use honey to sweeten my tea which is better than using sugar.
* Do not over-steep the herbs as the flavor may become too strong.
* A tea strainer is very helpful as it lets you make your own blends of herbs.
* Do not use Aluminium cookware as it can affect the taste. Use glass, cast iron or stainless steel.
* Keep it cool. Repeatedly drinking hot beverages can boost the risk of esophageal cancer. Give tea several minutes to cool off before sipping.